This is my best michelada recipe. I have substituted the traditional Mexican recipe with some easy to find ingredients. You can also make a variation of this recipe with tomato juice, Clamato, or Bloody Mary mix if you wish. I think putting tomato in beer is wrong, but to each their own. This is one of the best drinks for warm days by the pool or lake. Have fun with this recipe. If you want it more spicy add extra Tabasco. If you want more lime, add more. Try setting up a Michelada bar at your next pool party. Let me know what you think of my recipe in the comments below.
- 12oz. Beer ( Modelo Especial is my favorite)
- 1 lime juiced
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- 2 dashes of Soy Sauce
- Kosher Salt for the rim
- First Salt the rim of a tall glass. ( can substitute with seasoning salt like Tony’s) A squeeze of lime on the rim will help the salt stick.
- Then Fill half of the glass with ice.
- Next add the Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco Sauce,and Soy Sauce.
- Next squeeze the lime in the glass. To make a real Michelada it takes at least a half of a large lime.
- Pour in your favorite Mexican beer and enjoy.
- If you like you can add 1/2 a cup of Clamato or tomato juice.
Let me know what you think below.
Please drink responsibly and never drink and drive!