Mambo Seafood is a restaurant that began in the Hispanic neighborhoods in Houston Texas. There is also now a location in Dallas. They serve both American and Latin seafood dishes. But I’m not here to talk about their food. Mambo has one of the best Michelada mixes I have ever tasted. I have not been able to find the mix to purchase online, but you can get it at any of their restaurants. What if you don’t live anywhere near a Mambo Seafood? I’ve got you covered. It took me about a year to match the awesome taste of a Mambo Michelada recipe and now I’m going to share it with you, just in time for summer.
- Your Favorite Beer (I like Pacifico or Carona)
- 1 32-oz. bottle of Clamato (chilled) I like the Picante flavor
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. Tabasco
- 1 Tbsp. Maggi Seasoning (or soy sauce)
- 4 Tbsp. Salt (secret ingredient)
- tajin Seasoning (garnish)
- Lime wedges (garnish)
- Mix all of the ingredients except the beer in large pitcher.
- Pour the Tajin Seasoning on a small plate.
- Rub rims of pint glasses with lime wedge and dip them in salt mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice, fill 1/2 with the Michelada mix, top with Beer, and garnish with a lime wedge.
I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments below.