Welcome to my collection of michelada recipes . I love this Mexican concoction, and you will too. A Michelada is a Mexican drink made with beer, lime juice, sauces, salt and spices. It can also contain Clamato Juice.
Brewing companies are even bottling variations of the cocktail. Miller has the Miller Chill. Budweiser has the Bud Light Lime, and if you like Clamato, the Chelada. I suggest you steer clear of these terrible abominations. They are horrible and may keep you from ever trying a real michelada. You are best off choosing your favorite blonde or amber Mexican beer and mixing your own. Its is super easy and delicious.
A Michelada is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass. There are many recipe variations of this drink throughout Mexico and Latin America. We now have many additional variations in the united states as well. The drink can consist of any mix of the following ingredients.
Beer – Preferably Mexican
Citrus – At least 2 whole small limes or lemons
Sauces – Clamato, Jugo Maggi, Salsa Inglesa, Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Bloody Mary Mix, Goya Botanita, Tobasco, Valentina Salsa Picante, Buffalo Hot Sauce and more.
Seasonings – Salt, Chili Powder, Tajin (ta-heen), Celery Salt and more.
There are about as many michelada recipes as there are stars in the sky.
On the next few pages you will be introduced to my many Michelada recipes. Keep in mind that these recipes can, and should to be adjusted to your particular taste. Just as everyone has a thier favorite Bloody Mary recipes, everyone should have their own Michelada recipes. So experiment, and when you create your favorite mixture please post it here to share with everyone.
- 1-12 oz. Bottles of Mexican Beer ( Modelo Especial)
- 1 Whole Large Lime Juiced
- 2-3 Tbls. Clamato (Optional)
- 2-3 Splashes Tobasco
- 1-2 splashes of Salsa Inglesa (can substitute Worcestershire sauce)
- 1-2 splashes of Maggi (can substitute soy sauce)
- Tajín seasoning (or salt) for the rim
- Place 3 tablespoons of the Tajin seasoning on a small plate. Run a slice of lime around a glass and turn the glass upside down in the seasoning to rim with seasoning.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add the beer
- Then combine the remaining ingredients
- Stir lightly and serve