Welcome to my collection of michelada recipes . I love this Mexican concoction, and you will too. A Michelada is a Mexican drink made with beer, lime juice, sauces, salt and spices. It can also contain Clamato Juice.
Brewing companies are even bottling variations of the cocktail. Miller has the Miller Chill. Budweiser has the Bud Light Lime, and if you like Clamato, the Chelada. I suggest you steer clear of these terrible abominations. They are horrible and may keep you from ever trying a real michelada. You are best off choosing your favorite blonde or amber Mexican beer and mixing your own. Its is super easy and delicious.
A Michelada is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass. There are many recipe variations of this drink throughout Mexico and Latin America along with the many additional variations we now have in the united states. The drink can consist of any mix of the following ingredients.
Beer – Preforably Mexican
Citrus – At least 2 whole small limes or lemons
Sauces – Clamato, Jugo Maggi, Salsa Inglesa, Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Bloody Mary Mix, Goya Botanita, Tobasco, Valentina Salsa Picante, Buffalo Hot Sauce and more.
Seasonings – Salt, Chili Powder, Tajin (ta-heen), Celery Salt and more.
There are about as many michelada recipes as there are stars in the sky.
On the next few pages you will be introduced to my many Michelada recipes. Keep in mind that these recipes can, and should to be adjusted to your particular taste. Just as everyone has a thier favorite Bloody Mary recipes, everyone should have their own Michelada recipes. So experiment, and when you create your favorite mixture please post it here to share with everyone.
- 4 12 oz. Bottles of Mexican Beer ( Modelo Especial)
- 2 Cups Clamato (Optional)
- 12 Splashes Hot Sauce
- 8 splashes of Salsa Inglesa (can substitute Worcestershire sauce)
- 8 splashes of Maggi (can substitute soy sauce)
- 4 Large Limes Juiced
- Tajín seasoning (or salt) for the rim
- Place 3 tablespoons of the Tajin seasoning on a small plate. Run a slice of lime around 4 glasses and turn the glasses upside down in the seasoning to rim the glasses.
- Combine all other ingredients (except beer) into a small pitcher or large glass.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a frosty mug or ice filled glass.
- Top with 1 bottle of beer.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- This serves 4 or 1 four times!